MBS is proud to be certified as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) by the National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC).
Our Founder’s Story
David T. (Dave) Maccagnone, MBS chairman and CEO, is a Vietnam veteran and Purple Heart recipient. He is one of the numerous former service members counted among the Firm’s ranks.
Dave first felt the call to serve his country while he was in high school during the Vietnam War. Dave left school to join the U.S. Marine Corps and fought in the siege of Khe Sanh, for which he was awarded a Purple Heart.
After completing his tour of duty, Dave returned to the U.S. and in 1972, received a bachelor’s degree in education at Oakland University. At the time, the U.S. was in a recession, which made obtaining a teaching position difficult. So Dave recommissioned with the Marine Corps as a second lieutenant. During his second tour, he served as an executive officer of an artillery battery, with 200 young marines under his command. Dave was honorably discharged a second time in 1975.
Dave embarked on his career in the securities industry as a retail broker with Merrill Lynch. He founded MBS’s parent company, Multi-Bank Services, Ltd., in 1985 after working for a savings and loan company on their certificate of deposit (CD) desk.
Today, Dave continuously inspires and coaches using examples of the struggles he has faced throughout his life to help others achieve their own dreams.
The NVBDC was established in 2013 to address the growing need to identify and easily, credibly and reliably certify both service-disabled and veteran-owned businesses in the government and corporate marketplace. To be eligible, a business must be majority-owned by a veteran, provide proof of active management and contribution of capital and/or expertise by a veteran, and demonstrate ability to provide services without reliance on non-veteran-owned businesses. MBS is one of more than 250 companies with the distinction.
In addition to our NVBDC SDVOB certification, MBS’s status as a veteran-owned business has been recognized in the following ways:
- Recognized as a veteran-owned business by the National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA)
- Certified as a New York State Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOB)
- Certified as a Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (VBE) by the South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA)
- Certified as a Disabled Business Enterprise (DIBE) by the SCTRCA
- Underwriter for Fannie Mae through its ACCESS® Diversity Program
- Underwriter for Freddie Mac through its Supplier Diversity Program
- Underwriter for the FHLB through their Diversity and Inclusion Program
MBS actively supports military-focused charities, including Operation Homefront’s Back-to-School Brigade® and Operation Healing Forces. Learn more about our involvement here.